Friday, November 2, 2012

Going, going, gone...

It's been 27 months, some months much longer than others... but this adventure has come to an end. I did! I completed Peace Corps and now I'm heading home, the scenic route. To celebrate our Close of Service, 6 of us are cruising home, two weeks across the Atlantic. I've made it to Barcelona via Lisbon, which was gorgeous. I can already tell I need these two weeks to readjust to this different pace of life, the rich foods, the cod weather, the new fashions, appropriate interactions and conversation topics... The list seems endless, but 2 days in Barca the kinks are starting to work themselves out. Hopefully, the transatlantic adventure will smooth out the rest.

If everything goes according to plan, I'll be home by Thanksgiving, such a glorious holiday! Thanks so much for following my Senegalese adventure on this blog; I'll figure out some way to get you updates on the transatlantic adventure. Stay posted

No comments:

Post a Comment